The widow of Major General Rabe Abubakar, who was abducted by bandits alongside her husband several weeks ago, has been rescued by Troops of the Nigerian Army, in collaboration with the Nigerian Air Force
Penpushing reports that the Defence Headquarters made this known on Monday, explaining that the operation followed intensified search-and-rescue efforts by troops of Operation FASAN YAMMA.
Th statement signed by the Director Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, stated that the troops made contact with the kidnappers at Tunga Village during sustained offensive operations against criminal elements in the area.
Penpushing further reports that Uba said the bandits shot the widow, whose husband had earlier died in their custody, before abandoning her and fleeing in the face of advancing troops.
“The rescue operation followed intensified search-and-rescue efforts conducted by troops of Operation FASAN YAMMA. During sustained offensive operations and pressure mounted on the criminal elements, troops made contact with the bandits at Tunga Village, leading to the successful recovery of Mrs Abubakar’, he wrote.
Penpushing also reports that Uba in the statement said the rescued victim was immediately evacuated to a military medical facility for treatment, where she was said to be responding to medications
“In the course of the encounter, the bandits shot Mrs Abubakar before abandoning her and fleeing due to the overwhelming pressure from advancing troops. Mrs Abubakar was immediately evacuated and is currently receiving medical attention at a military hospital, where she is responding to treatment,” Uba stated.
Penpushing reports that the Armed Forces of Nigeria, however, assured that it would provide all necessary support to ensure her recovery and assist her family during the period.
“The leadership of the Armed Forces of Nigeria remains committed to ensuring her full recovery and is providing all necessary support to her family during this difficult period,” the statement added.
Penpushing further reports that the military, however, vowed to sustain operations aimed at apprehending those responsible for the abduction and other criminal activities.
“Troops will continue ongoing operations to track down and neutralise the perpetrators, while intensifying efforts to rid affected communities of terrorists not just in Katsina but in the entire nation,” Uba said.
FOOTNOTE: You want to share story with us? You want to advertise with us? You need publicity for product, or service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348073463653 or email penpushing@yahoo.com












