A 30-year-old private school teacher, Nathaniel Baiyegun, has confessed that he used ransom proceeds of fake kidnap operations he realized from parents of his former students, on online betting after the death of the girl.
Penpushing reports that the suspect who is currently in police net in his confessional statement said she drugged the victim, a 16-year-old West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) candidate identified as Florence victim, which subsequently led to her death
The source said the suspect allegedly lured the teenager to the scene of her death under the guise of attending an academic coaching class and demanded a ransom of N500,000 from the girl’s father after killing her.
“The suspect allegedly reconnected with the teenager about a year after she left his former school and attempted to force her into a relationship with his friend, identified simply as Sola. He kidnapped and kept her in an uncompleted building before administering an overdose of D5 sleeping tablets on her.
“He also claimed that the killing was accidental, but preliminary police investigations revealed he was allegedly involved in internet fraud and had at one time requested nude photographs from the deceased, which she reportedly sent to him through her mobile phone,” the source added
Penpushing further reports that the suspect disclosed that he later dumped the remains of the girl in a river in Ogijo after believing she had died, adding that he was very close to the girl but had no amorous relationship with her.
“I am a teacher at a private school in Ogijo, and she was one of the students in my former school. She was not one of my direct students because she was in the humanities, while I teach only science students. I was not teaching her class. I was teaching Physics and Further Mathematics’, he said.
“We became very close, but there was no amorous relationship between us. At times, she would go to my table in the staff room and drop gifts for me, even when I was not around. That was just it until I deleted her number from my phone and told her not to call me again’.
“She lied to our then principal that she was coming to return my power bank to me after she was caught at a faraway location. It was true that I gave her my power bank, but she returned it to me at school. So, when she called me to tell me that I should help her lie to the principal that she had come to return my power bank when he saw her, I was very upset, and I severed my relationship with her,”
Penpushing also reports that Baiyegun in the confessional statement added that he did not hear from her again after she left the former school and changed to a new one, stating that he reconnected with her on April 7, 2026, while he was shooting content for his Instagram page in the community.
“The last time I saw her before April 7 this year was last year, after her WAEC. She was the one who saw me and called me. I asked her if she was writing UTME, but she told me that she did not do well in her O-Level results. She failed Mathematics and English and wanted to write WASSCE again,” he said.
Penpushing reports that the suspect explained that they exchanged contacts again, while he also introduced his Joint Admission Matriculation (JAMB) and West African Examination Council (WAEC) coaching classes to her and advised her to attend the coaching camp.
The suspect narrating in the statement on the circumstances that led to her abduction stated that one of his friends, identified as Sola, had repeatedly expressed interest in dating underage girl
Penpushing further reports that Baiyegun said on April 8, 2026, he called the victim to come to his new school while she was at her coaching centre, and that Sola had been waiting for her behind the school premises.
The suspect confessed that at about 5:30 p.m. on the said date, the girl arrived, and he introduced her to Sola before leaving them behind the school while he attended a class, adding that when he returned around 6:30 p.m., he met only the girl behind the school, and that Sola had already left.
Penpushing also reports that Baiyegun explained that when he asked the victim what transpired between her and Sola, she told him that Sola demanded sex from her, but she declined, claiming she was on her menstrual period, adding that the girl, thereafter, requested transport fare from him, which he could not afford to give her.
The suspect said himself and the girl subsequently planned a fake kidnapping together with the intention of extorting money from her family, and took her to an uncompleted building at the back of our school and used her phone to negotiate a ransom of N3million from her father.
“I took her to an uncompleted building at the back of our school and used her phone to negotiate a ransom of N3m from her father. She complained to me that she could not sleep well the first day she slept in the uncompleted building. After she complained that she was scared and that she could not sleep, I gave her four dosages of D5 sleeping tablets and left her there’.
“I was not around the day after I gave her the drug. I attended our pastor’s father’s burial and came back on the night of April 11. When I returned from the burial, I went to see her and discovered that she was gasping for breath. I quickly stopped a bike and took her to a river in the MTN area and dumped her body there. I lied to the bike rider that she was sick and that I wanted to take her to my aunt for treatment, but I dumped her body in the river.”
Penpushing reports that the suspect said thereafter, the father agreed to pay the ransom and sent him N500,000, but he did not disclose to him that his daughter was already dead.
“I lied to him that his daughter would be released as soon as the ransom was paid. I spent almost all the money on online sports betting, and I regret it now,” he added.
Penpushing further reports that Ogun State Police Command Public Relations Officer Oluseyi Babaseyi, reacting to the incident appealed to residents to be mindful of the company they keep.
“The successful operation carried out by the Anti-Kidnapping Unit, leading to the arrest of the notorious suspect and recovery of incriminating exhibits, underscores the bravery, professionalism and unwavering dedication of the operatives’, he said.
“The Ogun State Police Command commends Olatunji Disu for his continued support towards tactical policing, intelligence-led operations and the fight against kidnapping and other violent crimes’, Babaseyi added.
“The Command equally appreciates the strategic leadership and operational direction of the Commissioner of Police, CP Bode Ojajuni, which have continued to yield remarkable security successes within Ogun State’.
“The Ogun State Police Command assures residents that sustained efforts are being intensified to dismantle all criminal syndicates operating within the state and its environs, while urging members of the public to continue supporting security agencies with timely and credible information,” he added.
FOOTNOTE: You want to share story with us? You want to advertise with us? You need publicity for product, or service, or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348073463653 or email penpushing@yahoo.com





















































